Please click on the Schedule Lessons icon to schedule your next lesson. New first time clients must first contact our Office in order to get signed up and become eligible for online scheduling.
Below explains a little bit about our Riding Lessons at Blue Point Stables…
May 3, 2020: Please check out the bottom of this page to see about our return to lessons program after our COVID-19 shut down.
A Little About Our Riding Lessons
At Blue Point Stables our riding programs are based on safety, fun and positive reinforcement. We teach riders on well-trained, quiet horses and offer english or western lessons. Over the years, we have taught countless individuals how to ride and communicate with horses through the use of our A.I.D. & Praise program.
At Blue Point Stables we instruct 6 days a week. We offer 1 hour lessons. We instruct beginner to advanced riders. Our youngest students are 7 years old. And, we have had many retired individuals taking up riding! All group lessons will have two or more riders in them. We have individual and package lesson rates. Private and semi- private lessons are available upon request.
What to expect at your Riding Lesson
When you arrive at BPS for your lesson, you will be welcomed into our stable with horse whinnies and wagging tails. Upon completion of your paperwork you will be fitted for a helmet to use during your lesson. While learning some basic safety concepts about how to interact around the horses you will be introduced to your mount for your lesson. Next you will groom and saddle your horse before leading it to the covered riding arena. Once in the arena the riding portion of your lesson will begin. You will learn how to communicate with your horse through vocal and physical cues. A wide variety of disciplines and events are taught at BPS. Our riders are only limited by their imagination as to what they would like to learn to do on horseback! At the conclusion of the riding portion of your lesson you will return to the stable and un-tack and groom your horse. You are now at another special time of the lesson where your horse gets rewarded for his cooperation! We keep treats on hand for our hard working horses because BPS is a place where every horse is loved!
Instructions presented in your lessons:
· Horse safety
· Horse husbandry
· Saddling & tack instructions
· Safe Mounting & Dismounting
· Riding cues & aids
· Proper riding techniques
· General horse knowledge
· Introduction to horse breed recognition
· Riding Introduction to competitive horse events
May 3, 2020
We have missed you all. And, we are happy to be announcing our conditional phase-in resumption of our lesson program.
We have added an additional 43 days onto each of the original expiration dates, for all lessons that were not expired on or before March 21st, 2020.
For the interim, we are instituting the following for our lesson program, phase-in restart.
- All lessons currently unused, have had their expiration period extended for the time that we were completely closed due to COVID-19.
- All visitors to Blue Point Stables MUST practice “Social Distancing” MINIMUM OF SIX FEET FROM ALL OTHERS.
- Those not practicing a minimum of six feet from others may be asked to leave.
- This does NOT apply to a family member’s proximity with their rider.
- All riders and accompanying parents are STRONGLY encouraged to wear protective masks.
- All riders must bring their own, undamaged helmet (meeting *ASTM F1163 and less than five years old). Most of our lesson clients already own their helmet.
- Helmets can be purchased at Agri Feed Pet Supply located at 10621 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37922 (865) 691-7787.
- Or, for the same minimum standards with a less expensive approach, you may purchase helmets online from sites such as amazon.com, statelinetack.com, doversaddlery.com, horseloverz.com and many others.
- Blue Point Stables has a few remaining (new, unused & in the box) lesson helmets that we are offering for a huge discount, while our inventory lasts. These are what we use for our lesson helmets; but will be discontinuing use of our helmets for a period.
- Lessons will initially resume with a maximum of four (4) riders per lesson, instead of our normal six.
- With one parent attending, that should put eight into the group plus the instructor would make a total of nine. This would then be under the maximum numbers set by the Governor of Tennessee.
- Only ONE parent may attend with the rider.
- During our phase in program, NO ADDITIONAL FAMILY members OR FRIENDS may attend the lesson as we work to comply with the government’s phase in process.
- Lessons will be scheduled at intervals of every other hour.
- This is an effort to keep the maximum number of persons on property down to the government’s acceptable accumulated numbers.
- This will help to keep clients from passing each other at lesson changes.
- When at the office for scheduling lessons and etcetera; we ask that everyone please conduct your office business from the door. For the most part our office is simply too small to safely practice Social Distancing.
- We strongly encourage clients to schedule & pay for lessons over the phone to minimized additional close contacts.
- Texting is an acceptable means of scheduling lessons. Please know that we may not be able to immediately reply but will get back with you as soon as possible.
- When the riders lesson is complete, please spray down the tack with our supplied disinfectant and then wipe it dry with our supplied paper towels.
- For those that want to avoid touching pumps, we are asking everyone whom use hand-sanitizers to please bring you own.
There may be additional requirements as we move to phase lessons back into our program. This is all new to us and we are simply trying to make it work as we all deal with safer operations.